Asbestos management important legislation
Your Legal Obligations Explained
The duty to manage is contained in regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
It requires the duty holder to:
- Take reasonable steps to find out if there are materials containing asbestos in non-domestic premises.
- Establish where it is and what condition it is in.
- Presume materials contain asbestos unless there is strong evidence they do not.
- Make, and keep up-to-date, a record of the location and condition of the asbestos-containing materials - or materials which are presumed to contain asbestos.
- Assess the risk of anyone being exposed to fibres from the materials identified.
- Prepare a plan that sets out in detail how the risks from these materials will be managed.
- Take the necessary steps to put the plan into action
- Periodically review and monitor the plan and the arrangements to act on it so that the plan remains relevant and up-to-date.
- Provide information on the location and condition of the materials to anyone who is liable to work on or disturb them.
Amosite can provide a web based management software tool to ensure compliance to CAR2012 & HSG264.
A full asbestos solution package is available which includes, surveying, removal, training and ongoing asbestos management with full consultancy.
For more information or to receive a free demonstration contact us today on 01733 345944.